Wednesday, May 1, 2013

Tutorial: making the blazer

please do not be mad at me for making a bad tutorial. I tried after all. It is not an easy job. 
sewing and cutting. it is almost impossible to take pictures at the same time,  I can't find a place to put down my camera.


this is the blazer.


this is the one for pattern.





 the best way to get a pattern: dissemble and trace.


some tools..


 more tools. (love tools, can't have enough of them.)

I got the pattern!:)


hand basting. 


after a while.....(omitted many steps..ironing the interfacing, ironing the seams, ironing the corners, sewing a thousand stitches, trimming extra fabrics, poking corners, etc,. )

sleeves. the most complicated thing. just because we have curved bodies. 
sometimes I wish I had a body shape of a cube, so it would be easy to make a slip cover for it. 




After a whole lot while. the blazer was done . ha.
make the lining and put them together. you have a very sharp very nice blazer to go! 
(it is easy to say.)

Thank you!

No comments:

Post a Comment